You can’t miss Alsace region, especially during Christmas season! Strasbourg and Colmar are the hallmark cities of Christmastime in France, so pair your winter trip to Paris with the heartwarming festivities of a cozy and enchanting French village.
3 days and 2 nights getaway in Alsace
This itinerary is an schedule example - we can tailor the trip to your preferences
Day 1 —Strasbourg
· Wander through the aisles of Strasbourg’s oldest Christmas market, Christkindelsmärik, for handmade local products and snacks, and don’t forget to warm up with a glass of mulled wine!
· In the afternoon, explore seasonal exhibitions on art, history, and architecture at the Musée Alsacien, or hop onto a Batorama riverboat with the kids and enjoy an original Christmas story!
· As the evening approaches, head to the narrow lit-up streets full of shops and decorations right on the square of the Notre-Dame Cathedral to be transported into the Christmas fairytales you read as a kid. Just a few blocks away, revel in the festivities with views of the Great Christmas Tree on Place Kléber.
Day 2 —Colmar
· Have a romantic stroll around La Petite Venise and discover several architectural wonders and landmarks before immersing yourself in the artistic community of Koïfhus with a festive market featuring local handcrafted artwork and décor.
· Stop for lunch at the Place de la Cathédrale where you’ll be wined and dined by 8 chalets, 8 chefs and maîtres-restaurateurs curating fresh, high-quality dishes. From your starter to your dessert, you’ll enjoy views of the picturesque Saint-Martin collegiate church while recharging for your next adventure.
· Close your eyes and appreciate an angelic Christmas concert in one of Colmar’s churches, including the Collégiale Saint-Martin! Let yourself float away to the peaceful sounds of an Alsatian choir performing a traditional Christmas tale.
Day 3 - Other villages
· Hop onto your private van for the day (pick-up at your hotel) and embark on the charming Alsatian Wine Route. Sample some regional wines as you relax during your city escape.
· For a quaint medieval experience, the architecture of Ribeauvillé, known as the “Cité des Ménétriers” (“city of fiddlers” in English), is the perfect place to immerse yourself in the period with timeless costumes and roast boar. Then, head just a few miles away where the the famous Saint-Jacques-le-Majeur church lies - the highlight of the village!
· Conclude your trip with Christmas illuminations in Eguisheim, officially named as one of the most beautiful villages in France.M
Starting from €3,150 for 2 persons - all taxes included
What is included :
> 2 nights in a 4-star boutique hotel in the center of Colmar
> Breakfast at the hotel
> Alsace Wine tour (including private transfers from your hotel and all tastings)
> Private Boat tour in Strasbourg
> Private city walking tour in Colmar
> Skip the line tickets in Strasbourg
> 2 x train tickets from Paris to Colmar (1st class - 2h00mn)
> 2 x train tickets from Colmar to Strasbourg (1st class - 45mn)
> 2 x train tickets from Strasbourg to Paris (1st class - 1h45mn)
> 24/7 assistance during your stay
> Personnalized tips for your stay, restaurant booking