Less than 3 hours from Paris, Normandy deserves at least a 3 days getaway to uncover some of the delights it has to offer. Steeped in rich history, impressive cuisine, and postcard-worthy landscapes, here just a few of many reasons to make the journey to Normandy at least once in your lifetime.
Normandy region is a land of both history and tradition. It has an impressive number of major historical sites that make this part of France one of the most popular in the country.
The D-Day landing beaches are a living memory of the Second World War. But Normandy is also the home of the Mont-Saint-Michel, Etretat cliffs, Rouen and its hundred of bell-towers... Well preserved and loved by everyone, you will enjoy the impressive gastronomical and architectural heritage. We bet you will fall in love with the charm of small and typical fishing ports like Honfleur and Deauville, that inspired the Impressionists in the 19th century.
4 days and 3 nights getaway in Normandy
Itinerary inspiration for a first time in Normandy to get a seamless overview of the region's highlights.
Price starts at 2300€ per person excluding flights. Low season rate. Based on 2 pax, two nights in a 4* hotel in Bayeux and one night in a 5* hotel in Honfleur.
All activities are customizable. Hotel room includes breakfast.
• Private transfer from Paris to Bayeux (2.45 hours) in a luxury van
• Arrival at your hotel. Built in 1791, this 19 rooms castle is intimate and very charming. It's located 5mn walking from the city center.
• Enjoy a private tour in Bayeux with your local guide. The medieval city of Bayeux boasts a rich architectural heritage. Beside the cathedral in the Romanesque and Gothic styles, Bayeux retains beautifully preserved timer-framed houses, mansions flanked with towers, vast town houses and elegant private residences. Your guide will help you understand better the region and its culture.
• Embark with your guide at your side on board of your private van for the day.
• Head the landing beaches. Visit Utah Beach, Omaha Beach, and the impressive Pointe du Hoc.
• Your guide will suggest seafront restaurant in Arromanches village where you can enjoy fresh seafood. (lunch not included)
• Discover the American cemetery in Colleville-sur-Mer and all the sites devoted to the memory of the soldiers who gave their lives to liberate France in the WWII. You will head back to your hotel in Bayeux around 4:30pm.
• Get your luggage ready and follow your guide in your private van. You will head to Rouen (1 hour drive). Guided Walking Tour of this historic town. Admire the
historical cobblestone streets that includes Gothic churches, Renaissance-style monuments and mansions and hundreds of restored half-timbered houses.
• Your guide will suggest local restaurants where you can try different normand specialities (lunch not included)
• In the afternoon, wander in the picturesque Honfleur (1 hour drive from Rouen). Glorious historic houses jostle for position on the quays, as do galleries and restaurants. Packed with cultural sights, Honfleur has a wealth of attractions to delight all visitors.
• For dinner, treat yourself with a 7 courses menu in a gastronomic hotel in Honfleur (the restaurant is located in a 5* restaurant). Spend the night there in a cosy and luxurious double room with breakfast included.
• After breakfast, enjoy the hotel facilities (swimming pool, spa and the beautiful park in front of the sea)
• Optionnal: Woul you like to admire the Norman panoramas from above? We can arrange an helicopter pick you up right in the hotel garden that will take you to Etretat cliffs for
an exclusive experience.
• Lunch at the hotel or in a restaurant in Honfleur (lunch not included)
• In the afternoon, your will head to Paris in your private van (2 hours drive).