The world most famous sparkling comes from this authentic region, 45mn away from Paris.
It's a must destination for gastronomy lovers and nature fans.
What if you want to go further than the local wine store, and visit the land that gave the world the ultimate mood-lifter in a glass?
For people willing to discover an authentic region with very fascinating heritage, Champagne region worths a dedicated trip. Besides of the delicious gastronomy, there are more than enough options to keep you busy for a few days. But it’s not just the effervescent tipple that makes the region worth a visit. Its resilience during WWI, paired with its long history of winemaking, is what led parts of Champagne, along with its houses and cellars, to be added to the UNESCO World Heritage list.
4 days and 3 nights getaway in Champagne
Itinerary inspiration for a first time in Champagne to get a seamless overview of all the region's highlights.
Price starts at 2550€ per person excluding flights. Based on 2 persons in a 5* hotel Junior Suite during the low season. All activities are customizable. Hotel room includes breakfast.
• Train from Paris (Gare de l'Est) to Reims. 45mn journey in firstTGV train (high speed train)
• Pick up from Reims station to your hotel (20mn ride). Your driver will take you to a 5 stars hotel located in the middle of the vineyard
• The Hotel: Modern-minded foodie 5* hotel. An outdoor infinity pool, a large indoor pool, and a hot tub all overlook the vineyards. Spa treatments. 49 spacious rooms all look onto the vineyards and have outdoor terraces on which to soak up the views. At the helm is a chef previously holder of two Michelin stars in Nice. A nice 4* hotel in Reims city can replace this one on request.
Veuve Clicquot & Boutique Producer Champagne Tour (full day)
Private full-day transportation with English-speaking driver-guide, specialized in the Champagne region.
• Cellar tour at Champagne Veuve Clicquot and tasting of 2 Champagnes from the range
• Private visit and tasting at the domain of a Boutique Champagne Producer
• Visit of UNESCO sites : Champagne Scenic Road, Hautvillers (village of the monk Dom Pérignon)
Lunch not included
History of the Champagne Region (full day)
• Start your day with a guided tour of the Cathedral of Reims and the Palais du Tau. From 1027 to 1825, these two buildings hosted the coronation ceremonies of the French monarchs.
• Enjoy a three-course menu in an elegant and welcoming restaurant of the city center of Reims.
• Visit a former military base from the First World War called the Fort de la Pompelle. There, you understand the strategic role the region has played during the darkest times of the 20th century.
• Discover another key period of the history of Reims : the interwar years and the reconstruction of the city. Our guide shows you the major architectural wealth of Reims : the Art Deco style.
Unique experience in the vineyards
• At sunrise, board the basket of a hot-air balloon for an exclusive moment : a one-hour flight above the sloping vineyards of Champagne. Let yourself float in the air and experience a wonderful feeling of freedom. Enjoy the view… and a last glass of champagne.
• Your private driver will take you back to Reims train station (or any other destination at an additionnal cost).